July 3, 2010, 2:41 p.m.
I was wanting to work on a more elaborate project that would actually result in some gear that I really needed in my studio. My studio setup was nice but was lacking a high quality preamp. After some research I decided on getting a fivefish SC1-mk2 preamp kit. I'd heard great reviews on it's quality and got two channels to be my main clean "go-to" preamp. I decided to resurrect an old Radioshack brand stereo reciever case into my new preamp. It was a nice 2U space rack and also had 2 big analog VU meters. Currently I've finished one channel and am troubleshooting some issues with broken DPDT switches that were built into the old Radioshack case.
The reciever with all the guts taken out